Thursday, September 16, 2010

Missed me?

image from here
Sorry posting has been a bit light on lately, Mr. Ox and I just got back from a week in London.
I have a confession to make...I hate London, well I DID hate London, until this trip.
This was my 6th trip to London and finally I found things to like about the city. To me its always seemed gray, dirty, cold, expensive with more Australians than Australia. But it has it's good points like:


  • The Tate Modern - I love art galleries, and this is up there with my favourites, excellent cafe
  • Covent Garden - what's not to love?
  • The West End - We saw the Lion King this time, but I've seen Fame and the Producers in London before, I love that there is so much theater and music about
  • St Pauls Cathedral - Not that I'm relgious, but there is something so peaceful about evesong in a beautiful building
  • Harrods Food Halls - Be still my beating heart, I would live here if they let me, just snuggle right up in the baking section...
So it's a lesson to all of us, sometimes you think you don't like something, but give it a chance (or 6) and slowly you'll find something about it that you do like.

No comments:

Post a Comment